Panel Discussion: The insurance industry’s response to flood and wind from Australian cyclone and east coast lows
Nick Hassam, Co-Founder and Chief Commercial Officer, reask
Rob Fortune, Senior Vice President - GC Analytics, Guy Carpenter
Simone Collins, Head of Reinsurance & Appointed Actuary, Youi Insurance
Craig Arthur, Hazard and Risk Infrastructure and Applications Section Leader (acting), Geoscience Australia
Milan Simic, EVP and MD of Global Business Development, Verisk Analytics
Alex Zhe Shao, CAT Risk Analyst, JBA Risk Management (Singapore)
- Comparing outcomes from predicted scenarios and their impact on risk management
- Interpreting modelled losses from actual events, as well as factors driving output discrepancies
- What type of exposure will future cyclone bring to South East Qld and north-east NSW?
- What are the pros and cons of understanding flood and wind as perils linked to cyclones/storms?
- Blending modelled and non-modelled flood assessments to better manage losses